Pattern: Minoru Jacket from Sewaholic
Fabric: 2 yards of a cotton print from Fashion Fabrics Club plus some rayon lining from Mood. The yardage requirements seem to be pretty generous.
Size: My measurements put me between a 4 and a 6. I cut the 4 and graded down to a 0 at the hips, since these patterns are made for pear-shaped ladies. It fits wonderfully, though I might take out a bit more at the hips next time.
Modifications: Shortened jacket by about 2.5 inches, shortened the sleeves and collar by 1". Used a 26" zipper. Interfaced outer collar piece, and only interfaced one set of the placket pieces. Moved the inside pocket down to the hem. It's crooked, but functional.
Overall, I'm thrilled with the jacket. I took the time to french seam the lining, since it's kind of sheer and frays like crazy. I also spent a lot of time with my seam ripper towards the end, when I had rippley zipper issues (happily fixed now!) and when my stitch-in-the-ditch around the collar was more like "stitch-in-the-general-area-of-the-ditch." I'm starting to think that instead of naming my sewing machine I should name my seam ripper - sometimes it feels like I spend more time ripping seams than sewing them! I'm glad I took the time to go back and fix the things that were slightly off though - now I don't have to think about them every time I put the jacket on. All in all, it's the perfect light jacket for late spring weather and summer nights. Which of course means I won't be able to wear it for a few months :(.