Monday, February 13, 2012

Splat Skirt

I made a skirt.  I tried on said skirt.  I don't have a clue what to wear with it.  This is obviously not a winter outfit (hence the inside photo). 
Splat Skirt 1

IMG_3915

Fabric: Silk chiffon print from Fabric.com and black bemberg rayon lining
Pattern: My own - 2 gathered rectangles of chiffon, 2 smaller gathered rectangles of lining, sewn together with a grosgrain ribbon slapped on top.  Invisible side zip - this tutorial was indispensable in dealing with the chiffon and lining with the zipper.
I'm feeling rather ambivalent about the skirt at the moment - I want to like the ruffled top edge, but I'm really not sure that I do.
Any thoughts on winter styling for this one?

4 comments :

  1. Girl, I don't know what you're talking about, I LOVE the ruffled top edge! So great! I would wear it with a thin black, blue or red sweater tucked in and boots. I want one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! I think it looks very stylish

      Delete
    2. Thanks, ladies! Approval from fellow sewists always makes me feel better about a project :)

      Delete
  2. It's gorgeous! I'm already trying to figure out how to make one for myself =)

    ReplyDelete